Chart Sense is the ultimate resource for elementary and middle school teachers who are ready to create meaningful, standards-based charts with their students. The same charts that Rozlyn creates with students when she models and teaches in classrooms across the nation are all included here. Packed with over sixty-five photographs, Chart Sense is an invaluable guide for novice or veteran reading teachers who want authentic visuals to reinforce and provide guidance for reading skills.
Organized in a simple, easy-to-use format, Rozlyn shares multiple charts for every reading informational text and literature standard. Don’t mistake this as just a collection of anchor chart ideas. At over 150 pages, this book is filled with actual charts, step-by-step instructions to create your own, teaching tips, and instructional strategies.
This book includes:
• Over sixty-five photographs of teacher-tested charts and examples
• Easy to navigate chapters, organized by the 3-8 reading standards
• Step-by-step instructions to create each chart
• Teaching notes and instructional strategies
• Ideas and tips for scaffolding and differentiation
. . . and MORE!
Not a bunch of theory or philosophy . . . just hands-on, teacher-tested charts that you can use in your classroom . . . TODAY!
Author: Rozlyn Linder, Ph.D
Paperback, 182pp | ISBN: 978-0988950511 | PUB DATE: Feb 2, 2014 | LIST: $24.95